iOS and Android
- Select Profile & Settings.
- Tap Enable send and receive at the top. If the option is not available, go to the Coinbase document verification page.
- Select your document type.
- Follow the prompts to upload your ID document.
- Once the steps are completed, the identity verification process is complete.
Why won't Coinbase let me verify my info?
I received the "Couldn't verify your info" error message Please make sure that your personal information is entered exactly as it appears on your government issued ID. If you've made changes to your personal information, then your ID document must also reflect these changes.
How to bypass Coinbase verification?
If your account has been locked out from completing the ID verification for 24 hours, unfortunately we do not have a way to bypass this restriction. Please wait 24 hours and try the upload again. If you keep encountering issues with the verification, try using a different browser or device.
How do I get my identity verified?
How to verify your identity
- Your State-Issued ID. You can upload a photo of your ID by phone or by computer. Don't have a state issued ID?
- Social Security number.
- Your phone number. If we can't verify your phone number, you can verify by mail instead. This takes 5 to 10 days.
Can I use Coinbase without verifying my identity?
Coinbase uses identity verification to comply with Know Your Customer (KYC) laws. KYC is a multi-step process that confirms the identity of customers, which helps prevent the creation and use of fraudulent accounts. Identity verification is now a requirement for all Coinbase customers.
Can you use Coinbase without ID verification?
Per the Coinbase User Agreement, we require all customers to verify their identity in order to use our service, only collecting necessary information.