A paper wallet is a physical document or object that contains a brand new public address and a private key that has been printed out. It allows its users to store the bitcoin sent from another wallet for better safekeeping.
How to generate a Bitcoin wallet?
How do I create a bitcoin wallet?
- Go to the App store (iOS) or Google Play store (Android).
- Search and download Coinomi.
- Open the app and write down your 24-words recovery phrase.
- Set a strong password.
- Add bitcoin to your wallet.
- Use your receiving address to receive bitcoin.
How do I access my Bitcoin paper wallet?
Paper Wallet FAQ
- Open the Bitcoin.com app on your mobile phone and click the QR code scanner button towards the top right.
- Point the camera towards your paper wallet and scan the PRIVATE KEY (top barcode).
- A new prompt appears displaying the paper wallet balance if you have done this correctly.
- You're Done!
Can I spend Bitcoin from a paper wallet?
If you want to spend or move your bitcoins it's important that you don't leave any funds in the paper wallet you spent with. If you do want to spend with your wallet, sweep all the funds into an online wallet like Blockchain.info and use all the funds there.
Are paper wallets still safe?
Paper wallets are a type of cold storage, or offline storage. This means they are not constantly connected to the internet, like any hot wallet. As such, they are impossible to hack, so any cryptocurrencies you store within them will remain safe.
How do I make a physical Bitcoin wallet?
How to set up a hardware wallet:
- Buy the hardware. The two most well-known brands are Ledger and Trezor.
- Install the software. Each brand has their own software that's needed to set up your wallet.
- Transfer crypto to your wallet.