Important: Mac computers can't tether with Android by USB.
- Connect your phone to the other device with a USB cable. A notification shows at the top of the screen.
- On your phone, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Touch and hold Hotspot .
- Turn on USB tethering.
How do I tether my computer to a USB?
How to Set Up USB Tethering on Windows 10
- Connect your mobile device to your laptop via USB cable.
- Open your phone's settings and go to Network & Internet > Hotspot & tethering (Android) or Cellular > Personal Hotspot (iPhone).
- Turn on USB tethering (on Android) or Personal Hotspot (on iPhone) to enable.
How do I connect to Wi-Fi using USB tethering?
For Android, go to Settings > More Networks > Tethering. For iPhone, go to Settings > Personal Hotspot. Make sure USB Tethering or Personal Hotspot is enabled. If not, tap the checkbox or toggle to turn it on.
How do I connect my laptop to my hotspot via USB?
Using a USB connection is ideal if security and battery life are concerns.
- Turn off Wi-Fi on your computer.
- Plug one end of your phone's USB cable into a free USB port on your computer, and attach the other end to your device.
- Start the hotspot on your phone.
- Your PC should connect to the hotspot automatically.
Which is better USB Tethering or hotspot?
USB Tethering uses physical cables like USB for sharing the internet while Mobile Hotspot uses Wi-Fi. USB Tethering usually provides a higher speed of internet and doesn't affect the mobile device's battery life, whereas Mobile Hotspot might slow down the speed and affect the battery life.
How do I switch to USB tethering?
Now. You just tap that and then it says USB tethering USB connected check to tether. If this was blanked out it means you haven't got your USB connected.