Setting up an AT&T hotspot on Android devices Go to the Settings app. Click on Connections or Network. Click on the Hotspot and tethering option. Turn the Wi-Fi Hotspot toggle switch to on.
How do you tether on a Samsung phone?
How to enable Wi-Fi tethering on Samsung phone
- 1 Go to Setting.
- 2 Tap Connections.
- 3 Tap Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
- 4 Turn on Tethering (bluetooth , USB , Ethernet) Note : To disable USB teatering, connect your phone to a USB cord and attach it to the desired device.
How do I hotspot off my Samsung phone?
Turn on mobile hotspot
- From Settings, tap Connections, and then tap Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
- Tap the switch next to Mobile Hotspot.
- When you're ready turn off Mobile Hotspot, tap the switch again.
Is hotspot free with unlimited data AT&T?
All our best unlimited plans include AT&T 5G, ActiveArmor security, and personal hotspot data.
Is it better to tether or hotspot?
It's often faster, as the internet connection isn't affected by any network traffic, whereas lots of people using a public hotspot at the same time will cause it to slow down. A few common uses of tethering include: Driving in the car: Your passengers can tether their tablets and laptops to your phone's data plan.
Why is my tethering not working?
Change the APN settings on your mobile device: Android users can sometimes fix Windows tethering problems by changing their APN settings. Scroll down and tap APN Type, then input “default,dun” then tap OK. If that doesn't work, some users have reportedly found success changing it to “dun“ instead.