Hi there! Today I’d like to continue my little series of articles to tell you about best methods to buy bitcoin. In particular, this article will be devoted to best ways to buy bitcoin with debit card. Back in the days buying bitcoin with debit card was not preferred because of fraud issues (using chargeback features basically). But nowadays lots of bitcoin exchanges allow debit and credit cards as valid payment method. There will be some fees charges of course, but anyway – no pain no gain.
Just before I start, i’ll provide you with quick summary of best ways to buy bitcoin online with debit card in 2019:
Buy Bitcoin with debit card using Coinmama
- Advantages: Great user support, good reputation, quick service
- Disadvantages: Some US states are not available
Coinmama deals with selling Bitcoin with debit and credit cards. The fees are pretty high, but there are almost no purchase limits. Also, all the transactions are pretty fast.
Buy bitcoin with debit card through Coinmama:
1. Get a Bitcoin Wallet, since Coinmama will not provide you with any
2. Visit Coinmama and choose how many Bitcoin you need to buy
3. Choose Buy BTC option
4. Complete through the verification process. It will take about 1.5-2 hours for your account to be verified by the administration team.
5. After the verification you will be allowed to buy bitcoin with debit card or a credit card, among with some other payment options.
6. Now, provide Coinmama with your bitcoin address.
7. Set up the payment option details and complete your order.
Buy Bitcoin with debit card using CEX.io
- Advantages: Great reputation, high limits
- Disadvantages: Somekind of a slow user support, high exchange rates
Being around for six years already, CEX.io is great multicurrency exchange that is being used by more than 2 million users worldwide! CEX.io is available within the US, EU and several South American countries.
Buy bitcoin with debit card through CEX.io:
1. Sign in at CEX.io
2. Select Finance-Deposit
3. Select Debit Card option
4. Instantly withdraw your money. Easy!
Buy Bitcoin with debit card using Bitpanda
- Advantages: Multiple payment methods, pretty low fees
- Disadvantages: Available only in EU countries
Bitpanda is great exchange from Austria, being around since 2014. You can buy bitcoin and pretty much every other cryptocurrency here. There are some limits though. Daily purchases are limited to 2500 EURO (75000 EURO per month) for credit and debit card purchases. Other payment methods allow buying 10000 EURO worth of bitcoin daily (300000 EURO per month).
Buy bitcoin with debit card at Bitpanda.
Buy Bitcoin with debit card using Coinbase
- Advantages: User-friendly, low fees, great reputation
- Disadvantages: Not available worldwide, user support is pretty slow
Coinbase is pretty much the biggest Bitcoin broker today. More than 20 million peers from all over the world. Fees start at 3.79% for all credit and debit card purchases. I almost forgot to mention a 10% bonus for every $100 worth of bitcoin you buy!
Buy bitcoin with debit card with Coinbase:
1. Sign up to Coinbase
2. Go to Settings – Payment Options
3. Select Add Payment Method
4. Select Debit/Credit card
5. Provide Coinbase with your debit card information
6. Go to Buy/Sell (only after your card is confirmed)
7. Withdraw your Bitcoins
Remember, that Coinbase charge 3.99% fee for any debit and credit card purchases.
Buy Bitcoin with debit card using LocalBitcoins
- Advantages: Lots of sellers, user-friendly interface
- Disadvantages: Some risk of scam
LocalBitcoins is p2p bitcoin exchange that allow you to buy or sell bitcoin. Basically, it is like AliExpress or Ebay, but for bitcoin. There is some risk of scam anyway, so be attentive and spend some time to make a research on your potential peer, be attentive!
Buy bitcoin with debit card at LocalBitcoins:
1. Sign up at LocalBitcoins
2. Find any seller who will agree to sell bitcoin and accept debit card
3. Check the seller’s reputation and terms of trade
4. Enter the wanted amount of BTC and then click “SEND TRADE REQUEST” button.
Buy Bitcoin with debit card using Coinhouse
- Advantages: Great reputation, high limits
- Disadvantages: Not available worldwide, high exchange rates
Coinhouse is great bitcoin exchange from France. It allows you to buy bitcoin with debit card, credit card or cash. The other great feature is that all the transactions are literally immediate!
Sign up at CoinHouse.
Buy Bitcoin with debit card using Indacoin
- Advantages: Great user-support, available worldwide
- Disadvantages: The fees are pretty high
Indacoin is bitcoin exchange based in the United Kingdom, allowing you to buy bitcoin with debit card or credit card. The minimum for a single purchase is limited to $5 worth of Bitcoin, while monthly maximum is about $3000. I must also warn you that monthly limit for the first month after the registration will be set at $500. Also, your phone number will be required to complete the verification proccess.
Buy Bitcoin with debit card using Virwox
- Advantages: no verification required, available worldwide
- Disadvantages: the fees are pretty high, user-support is below average
Virwox is one of the oldest bitcoin exchanges, being around for 12 years already (since fall 2007). Virwox provide effective yet elegant scam issues solution – all transactions are being converted to SLL (internal Virwox currency) before the actual deal. Great and reputable company, just try it!
Buy Bitcoin with debit card using Virwox:
Remember, that Virwox will charge pretty high fees for any transaction. Today in 2019 there are lots of better alternatives to Virwox.
1. Sign up at Virwox
2. Provide any personal information that is required.
3. Select Register
4. Check your e-mail for a letter with a temporary password
5. Log in at Virwox, go to Settings – Change Password
6. Now, you will need to deposit some funds. There is a limit of a maximum amount of funds that can be deposited (check Virwox information page).
7. Click “I don’t have a Paypal account”.
8. You will be taken to Credit/Debit card section. Just provide the information required.
9. Now go to SLL/USD and select the amount of SLL you need to buy.
10. Now go to SLL/BTC exchange to convert your SLL to BTC
11. Withdraw you Bitcoins.
Post-summary: who is the best?
I know that this is a big chunk of information, but you will need to read it again if you think that something has escaped your mind. Anyway, strongly recommend you to try every of top 10 bitcoin debit card exchanges, because maybe something that was a disadvantage for me will turn to a big advantage to you! And remember, risky business is always a rewarding one. Feel free to give me any feedback in the comments section below!